Thursday, June 4, 2015

Pet Parents

I'm not certain how many of you pet parents who have no human children of their own have been told that your not an actual parent because you didn't carry your furrie baby in your womb, and birth them!

I've heard this and several variations of the same for a couple of decades now! The last time I was told this wasn't too long ago, and for the first time ever those harsh, hurtful words left a deep gaping hole in my soul! I didn't know that family is only thru blood! I've never quite understood that! I've always believed it's LOVE that drives us to care for another.  And that Only Love Matters!

Several of my Bachas are now with Bholenath! Today is my precious Dutchess's first death anniversary! My baby girl was born in front of me. I helped her mama Lassi give birth to 8 gorgeous puppies! And this little bundle of chocolate stole my heart from the word GO! I helped nurse and nurture her and her siblings from the moment they came into this world! What a blissful feeling it was! 
Soon after dutchu was born I knew she was going to be a part of my pack of three! I had no intentions of keeping any of the puppies for I knew it would not go down well with my family! But I couldn't help myself! I feel in love with this glorious brown ball of fur! She stole my heart with just one look! And from there on there was no turning back! As a matter of fact, My baby girl stole everyone's heart that she met! One couldn't ignore her! And I assure you she made certain that she wasn't ignored! She was So full of life, postive booming energy and filled with unconditional love! And she showered and graced whom ever she came across, with her divine gift of Love!

I knew from from a young age that I wouldn't be able to bear a child of my own, due to an autoimmune disease that I was diagnosed with. Almost every women wants and hopes and dreams of having children, and I was no different. Yet when I was dealt this hand, I didn't worry about it! I knew in my heart that if I was meant to have a child from my Mahadev would make it happen! He wouldn't leave me without knowing and experiencing the joy of motherhood! And he didn't! A few years after my diagonise two beautiful black labs came bouncing and barking into my life! And I've never been the same since! (In a postive way;) 
I assure you I felt the same joy, bliss, happiness, sense of responsibility and unconditional love for my fur balls, as any human parent would feel for their new born human baby. I went thru the motions of waking up in the middle of the night to feed them, clean them and love them just as a human parent would. I freaked out when they were sick, I hurt when they hurt! I spoke about them with pride! And when someone complimented me about my Bachas I beamed with joy and pride, just like a human parent would with their child! And my Pupss in return showered and graced me with their undivided affection and love! 

I will never know what it feels like to carry a child in my womb! So Should I, or others like me be oestrasied for that? Or be told that "We Cannine Parents" aren't Infact parents at all? I don't know the answers to these questions. What I do know is that I've been graced, and blessed to be the mother of ten glorious Pupss, and God Pet Mother to several more! Six of my Bachas have crossed over the rainbow bridge and are happy and joyous and pain free! 

All of them have taught me so much about life. About compassion, unconditional love and forgiveness and so much much more! Today I morn the loss of my baby girl Dutchess, just as any parent whose lost child would. I performed the last rites for all my Pupss in the same manner as one would for the human soul! My Dutchu was my muse, my guardian, my child and my best friend!  It was she who inspired me to start my own two home based business for Pupss, and humans alike! 

Those harsh words still resonate within me, I won't hide that. However I've learned well from my kids, so I will permit my heart and mind to feel those hateful words for awhile longer and then do just like my Pupss taught me..."Mama Nikki, If You Can't Eat it or Play with it, then Pee on it and walk away!"

       Blessed are those who have been touched by the grace and love of an animal! 
               I AM ONE OF THOSE LUCKY AND BLESSED SOULS!

And to all my Pupss and God Pupss who are no longer with me today,
                          R.I.P & BARK ON MY DARLINGS...BARK ON!



No comments:

Post a Comment